With high hopes of getting on the road Monday morning by 4:00 am to head to Virginia, we made it out of the driveway by 4:40. Not too bad. Andrew didn't mind being pulled from his crib a good 2 1/2 hours early (he normally wakes up around 7). He was actually pretty funny. We piled into the car, backed out of the driveway and then I remembered I had forgotten to grab a bill that I meant to put in the mailbox. Loren ran back in through the garage to grab it. Andrew and I were sitting patiently in the car in the middle of the street. When Andrew saw Loren come back out of the house, Andrew with a squealing high-pitched voice and a huge smile on his face said, Daddy?! Dad-DY!! and then started laughing with excitement. I think he was a little loopy, but it was so funny and cute. I was going to drive us as far as I could and with my good friends (that I got to know really well), Stanley and Maxwell, I drove about 9 1/2 hours of the 10 1/2 hour trip. We made it to Grammie's house by 3:00 pm with a total of 3 stops.
Andrew did remarkably well. I was so impressed with him. I think it helped a lot that he could get out and run around at rest-stops. The last two trips we made to VA he wasn't walking yet which made it difficult for him to stretch out his legs and burn off some pent up energy. He wasn't as easy-going on those trips. I shouldn't speak too soon about this one because we still have to make the long trip back home at the end of the week. Andrew still has time to make a liar out of me!
about 4 hours into the trip...
about 8 hours into the trip...Andrew was trying to find his happy place by shutting out the rest of the world.
2 comments:
Yea! You made it! I can't believe you drove (pretty much) the entire way.
Your garbage is out on the street... but no crib has arrived yet.
I love driving, as long as I don't feel sleepy. I'm the worst passenger! I get so antsy it's ridiculous. Thanks for taking care of my trash. The estimated arrival date for the crib is Saturday. We plan on being home on Saturday, so you can just leave it be. I'll let you know if something changes.
Post a Comment