Friday, July 18, 2008
Eggless Banana Bread
Andrew is allergic to eggs. Actually I don't know for sure if it is an allergy or an intollerance (apparently there's a difference), but whatever it is...if Andrew eats eggs he will vomit nonstop, beginning a couple hours after consuming the eggs, until it's all out of his system. Not pleasant. I'm not just talking about straight-up scrambled eggs. He can't have anything that is baked with eggs either. Trust me. I found out the hard way! It hasn't been hard to avoid eggs. I don't bake a lot of sweets (although, if Andrew could eat them I'd probably bake more) and I just read the labels before giving him any new foods. Pretty simple. However, I found myself with some extra overripe bananas today and instead of throwing them away, I decided to finally find an eggless banana bread recipe that I could use. I didn't search long, but I found one on some random website...recipezaar.com, I think. I tried it and to my amazement, it turned out pretty well! We'll see if Andrew likes it tomorrow, but I'm pretty pleased...and the batter tasted good, too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Soooo...??? Did Andrew eat the entire loaf? Did it taste as good as you thought?
Andrew loved it. He had it for breakfast and probably would have eaten the entire loaf, but I cut him off at 2 slices. It was really good and moist, and it even rose. I was afraid it would be super dense and chewy, but it wasn't. The cinnamnon was a nice touch. :)
Post a Comment