Wednesday, July 16, 2008
learning the hard way
Andrew and I were outside this evening and I decided to water some dehydrating plants. Andrew gets out of his sandbox and walks all they way across the yard to get in on the action. Instead of trying to take the hose out of my hands like I thought he would, he decided to start moving rocks. These weren't little rocks. I put them on the edge of our little garden to help with mulch erosion. So, Andrew squats down and picks up a rock...one I didn't think he could lift, but with a lot of grunting and groaning (he was being a little dramatic for added effect) he picked it up and moved it a few inches. I tried telling him to be careful...those are heavy...you're going to drop it on your toes. I was basically talking to myself. He continued doing what he was doing and I continued watering the plants. A few seconds later I heard a clunk...Waaaaaaah! He dropped a rock on his big toe. I rushed over and held my breath (literally) as I did a visual inspection, waiting for him to attempt to move his toe or at least his foot. He eventually did, with a limp. Okay, that's progress. He calmed down and soon started walking around. I could tell where it hit his toe and expected it to swell or bleed or something, but it didn't. He walked around some more, brushed me away, and wouldn't you know it, he went right back to the rock. However, this time he rolled it where he wanted it to go. Lesson learned. I can say that only because there wasn't any swelling, bleeding or a broken toe, but really...sometimes he's just going to have to figure it out on his own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment