Tonight I attempted to use the weed wacker to chop down the grass along our fence line. I'll admit, it has gotten out of control. Why? Because we've haven't chopped it down at all this year and the mower doesn't get to it. The last couple of summer's I have gotten down on my bum and pulled the grass along the fenceline just to clean it up a little. I tended to get carried away and I didn't particularly care for the barren look when I was done. So, tonight it was the weed wacker. It took me about 5 minutes (or less) to realize that what I was trying to do wasn't working at all. The grass was being chopped a little, but not nearly enough, and for the life of me I couldn't figure out if it was a horrible weed wacker that we owned or if I was doing something wrong. I have seen many a neighbor use a weed wacker along their fence and it seems to do a pretty good job. I just didn't get it. I thought about pulling the grass, but I didn't really want to and, like I said, I didn't care for that look. I was determined to figure this out. (Loren was out running errands so I couldn't ask him for advice.) Sooooo...I went inside and came back out with a pair of scissors. How else was I going to trim the grass without pulling it? I only did 1/3 of the inside of the fence, because towards the end of the one side I came to 3 realizations: 1) This is incredibly tedious and taking way too long, 2) The grass is going to grow back, and I'm not sure I want to be following Loren around with a pair of scissors once a week when he mows...and 3) I cut so much off of the blades of grass that the remaining grass is probably going to die anyway.
What a waste of time!
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
1. I didn't know you even owned a weed-wacker.
2. I wish I had my camera when you were out there with your SCISSORS trimming the edges!
Post a Comment