The lovely folks at Jardine are going to give me a voucher to replace Andrew's recalled crib. We lucked out a little in that the voucher is actually going to be for $30 more than what we paid for our crib originally (they went with the highest retail price the crib ever sold for). They (and Babies R Us) are being nice by letting us purchase a crib now and then when we get the voucher we take it, along with the receipt for the new crib, into BRU and they will refund us. We pay the difference if we buy a crib that costs more than the value of the voucher. After going to BRU last night (we have to buy the new crib at Babies R Us or Toys R Us), I was extremely dissapointed because I didn't really like any of the cribs they had and for the most part I'd either be losing money by getting a much less expensive crib or I'd have to shell out some extra cash to buy a really expensive one. I ended up looking on the BRU website last night where I found several options in our price range. I finally made a decision and purchased one for the exact cost of the voucher we will be getting. We will have to eat the shipping costs, but when it's all said and done it will be worth it. Andrew has continued to sleep in his recalled crib, but all of next week we will be in Virginia where he will be sleeping in the pack 'n play. Hopefully it won't be long after we get back before the new one arrives.
This is his old crib, only in cherry. I will be sad to see it go.

This is Andrew's new crib. I decided I wished I hadn't gotten a white one the first time around.
No comments:
Post a Comment