Monday, October 20, 2008

Stuckey Farm

I was feeling spontaneous today, so Andrew and I took a little drive up to Stuckey Farm, an apple orchard, in Sheridan in the afternoon. It was a beautiful drive. As much as I love Carmel, it was nice to get out and remind myself what most of Indiana looks like. The farm sits on the Hamilton/Boone County line just north of SR 32.

After we walked around for awhile I remembered that I hadn't given Andrew a snack yet. I asked him if he wanted his fishies (golfish crackers) and he plopped right down on the ground and didn't want to move. I let him chill for a few minutes, but we had apples to pick, so he eventually got up and got in on the action. Andrew loved seeing all of the apples. Unfortunately he kept trying to "pick" the apples from the ground (the rotten and/or bruised ones) and the ones he managed to get off of a tree he threw on the ground. A couple of his made it to the bag, but he mostly walked with me and let me do the picking. It was a lot of fun! I think we were there walking around for about an hour-and-a-half. Andrew was worn out. Towards the end when we were making our way back up to the front of the orchard I started to go down another row of apple trees and Andrew said, "Nooo." He was done. He said, "All done. Bye, bye apples." How cute.

We left with a bunch of apples and only spent $4.05!

No comments: