Saturday, June 21, 2008

cleaning up at the garage sales

This past weekend was our neighborhood garage sale. We didn't have a garage sale ourselves, and I initially had no desire to walk around and gawk and other people's stuff. But, then it dawned on me...I have a kid! And kid stuff can be expensive! Maybe I can find some cheap kid stuff at the garage sales! I loaded Andrew up in his wagon and we made our way around the neighborhood. I have to say our neighborhood was a pretty hoppin' place this weekend. Anyway, we ended up with a bucket of legos, a toy golf club set, a toy vacuum cleaner, a toy truck, another toy that's too difficult to explain, and a kid sized tent all for a whopping $13! $7 of that was for the tent. Granted, I later found out that one of the poles was a little broken, but some duck tape and something else (I haven't quite figured out what) should make it a little more sturdy. All in all the neighborhood garage sale was a success!

No comments: