Sunday, June 8, 2008

I have taught him well...

Generally, when I am loading the dishwasher Andrew comes running, and just as he arrives in front of the dishwasher (if not sooner), I quickly close the door. I usually have to explain to him that we don't play in the dishwasher. Something about the sharp knives and glass make the dishwasher a not-so-friendly toddler environment. Okay, so there have been times where I let him play with plastic cups, etc. in the dishwasher which may be confusing to him, but I do what I can.

When Andrew noticed the dishwasher was open, while I was trying to quickly load it, I heard him say, "ohh, no!" from the other room as he began to run up to the dishwasher. He very quickly and forcefully lifted the door to the dishwasher and pushed it closed. I was surprised dishes weren't broken because the bottom rack was shoved in so quickly. He is such a good helper!

No comments: