Tuesday, June 17, 2008
a bad case of the mondays
This picture pretty much says it all. Yesterday (6/16) was not the best of days. There were some good moments. Andrew and I went for a walk (I walked, he rode in the stroller) on the Monon trail, which was very peaceful and relaxing. He was also an absolute perfect angel when I took him with me to get my hair cut. The rest...well, like I said this picture says it all. I had to snap this picture to force myself to find an ounce of humor in this situation. Andrew is trying to turn on the vacuum cleaner. He's pressing the button (which slides...it's not a push-button) with all of his might. I've never seen his face turn so red. It did me no good to try to show him how to turn it on. This was after I let him vacuum (with it on) for a few minutes. He would have vacuumed the rest of the day if I let him, but he wasn't moving the vacuum cleaner around much and I wasn't sure if after awhile the thing would blow up on us from being on so long (not to mention the waste of electricity.) As soon as the vacuum was turned off and unplugged for good, the meltdown began. Holy moly! Andrew was a little testy yesterday which was exacerbated by a short nap. We had several rough moments, but we got though them and today, Tuesday, was a much much better day. Thank goodness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Mondays are never good here either. We should try to plan something together, just to help each other (and the kids, I guess) make it though the Mondays.
ps. I'm so happy your blog is view-able again! I missed reading your thoughts.
We're available next Monday! :)
Post a Comment