Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Andrew's first X-rays

Before anyone gets too worried, I should start off by saying that the results were negative, but since getting X-rays is a big deal, I thought it was worth posting about. About a week and a half or so ago Andrew jumped off of the couch (nothing unusual) in the playroom. He wound up in a lot of pain and cried for a bit. He limped for a few days, but there wasn't any bruising or swelling so I didn't think too much about it. When I got to the point of calling the doctor the next day if he was still limping, he stopped limping. A few days later, Andrew started limping again in his tennis shoes, but when he wore his sandals he wasn't limping. We thought it must be something about the tennis shoes. We weren't sure. The limping stopped until yesterday afternoon when he tripped and wound up crying in pain again. After a few moments of crying, Andrew wiped his face and said, "I'm all better." However, the persistent limping that followed told me otherwise. Even with the limping, Andrew insisted that his foot was okay and that it didn't hurt. I, on the other hand, had had enough of the guessing game and decided to call his doctor. She wanted to see him. By the time we got there he wasn't limping quite as much but was honest in telling her that it hurt in a certain spot when she poked various locations on his foot. Does this hurt? Nope. Does this hurt? Nope. Does this hurt? Yep. His doctor thought that he may have broken his metatarcel (on the top of his foot) and ordered X-rays to see for certain. If he had broken it, there wasn't anything to do for it other than be careful and let it heal itself. However, like I said, the results were negative. Today, he's been walking and running fine. Weird.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Glad they were negative. That is pretty good - first x-ray at 3.