I tried giving rice cereal to Austin a few days ago. He was eager to grab at what was hovering in front of his face, but that wasn't unusual. He took a couple bites and then clamped his mouth shut, shook his head and pushed my hand away. I'll admit, giving him the rice cereal was mostly for my own amusement. It was fun to try it, but I have only been mildly enthused about giving it to him since then - or maybe I'm just lazy- so I haven't messed with it.
Austin got a hold of one of Andrew's cars and it was fascinating to watch him play with it. It was the perfect size for his little hands and he clumsily picked it up looked at it, put it in his other hand (again, clumsily), dropped it, and did it over and over again until frustration won.
Austin is still waking up a couple of times at night to eat. I think it's partly out of habit and partly because he is so easily distracted during the day. Since I don't know how much he's getting from me, and there are days when I don't think it's much, I feel like his nighttime feedings are often some of his better feedings. So, I continue to let him eat in the middle of the night. We're still not where I want us to be with naps. Austin has proven himself capable of taking a 2 hour nap one day only to revert to the 30-40 minute catnaps the next day. Unfortunately the 2 hour naps are very hard to come by, but when they happen it's like a day at the spa for me. Although, I can't exactly say what a day at the spa is like. I'll just use my imagination.


No comments:
Post a Comment