Yesterday I took Andrew up for his nap like I normally do at 12:30. Austin was asleep in my arms, so I thought I would humor myself and lay him down in his crib. This was at 12:35. Normally when I put him down he either wakes up right away or may sleep for 30 minutes. After what was about 45 minutes I heard him begin to stir through the monitor so I hurried up to his room and put his pacifier in his mouth. He went back to sleep. After about 20 minutes, he woke up again. I hurried upstairs again, but when the pacifier didn't work right away I picked him up, sang to him a bit, gave him the pacifier and he went back to sleep...for another hour!! Andrew woke up at 2:39 and like a good little brother Austin woke up at 2:40. With the exception of running up to Austin's room a couple of times, I had 2 full hours to myself yesterday!
As I'm writing this post, I have had a good 45 minutes with both boys sleeping at the same time. I could definitely get used to this. It's probably a good idea if I don't get too used to it...yet. Austin could very well be toying with my emotions or going through a growth spurt, but I'll take what I can get.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment