We went to an Indianapolis Indians game last weekend. There were a block of tickets for sale where half of the ticket price benefited the Indy Humane Society. It seemed like a good night to go, so we bought 2 tickets (for Loren and I) in the reserved block and planned to buy the boys' tickets once we got there. It turned out Austin didn't need a ticket and we bought a season pass (definitely worth the money) for Andrew. We knew full well that we would sit in the outfield (as in beyond the outfield in the grass) instead of the stands. We went to one Indians game last year and had a great time. There was plenty of space to spread out a blanket, sit next to friends, our boys played with their boys. It was fun and relaxing. If you have young kids you almost have to sit in the grass, which is fine by me. We did the same thing this year, but with the 3rd child, things were a little more complicated. We knew we didn't have to get there right on time, but we were going to try and get there close to the start of the game. The game was slated to start at 7:10 pm, I believe. (Please note that the boys normally go to bed around 7:00/7:30 and Ashley is usually down by 8:00). We made sure that both boys took a nap earlier in the day...and they did. We ate dinner, got everything ready and left the house a little after 6. We needed gas, so we stopped at Meijer across the street and since Ashley was
already crying, I went ahead and fed her. We then drove to the stadium (after waiting and waiting in traffic when we got really close) and, even though we were already late...not that it really mattered, I fed Ashley again in the parking garage. Phew! We got everyone together. I put Ashley in the Bjorn, hoping she would eventually fall asleep. The boys and the 'gear' road in the wagon and we walked across the street from the parking garage to the stadium. All was well. We had been told by a friend, who was already there, that right field was the place to be. We went to right field....the farthest corner of right field. There was room, but it was completely in the sun. The entire grassy area was packed, but we decided to mosey on over to the more shady left field and hope that we could squeeze in. We ended up finding a spot closer to center field and the people we were squeezing in next to ended up leaving as we were setting up, so we ended up having plenty of room.
Nice. Ashley fell asleep pretty quickly. The boys began enjoying themselves. It was the third inning when we arrived and we left during the 8th, I think. I'm pretty sure the Indians were winning when we left, but I don't know if they ended up winning or if their opponent (the Louisville Bats) won. It was just cool to be there and enjoy the out of doors. None of us payed very much attention to the game, but, like I said, it was fun just to be there.
Here are some pictures of our time there...
and just for laughs, Austin got a hold of my camera (and wouldn't let go!)
this was his view as he snapped pictures...
No comments:
Post a Comment