Last Saturday we met some friends at Turkey Run for the day. It was an absolutely gorgeous day! We looked at the car show first, ate our picnic lunch and then embarked on a hike. A real hike. I wasn't sure how long Andrew would last, but he did super. I am convinced that having 5 year old Mason there was extra incentive for Andrew to keep going. Our normally timid Andrew was very brave and showed a lot of independence. We walked down steps a few times (some of them were a little sketchy, too), and every time he refused to hold anyone's hand. "I can handle it my-self." Austin took a nice nap in the back carrier. About 45 minutes into the hike he woke up and got a little antsy, so Loren and I took turns carrying him. After the hike we all visited the nature center and afterwards the boys attempted to fly a kite while Nikki and I sat and watched.
It was a good day!


1 comment:
That is a super cute picture of you and Austin!!! If I do say so myself;)!!!
Post a Comment