Current Andrew-isms:
graytar = guitar
graytar = guitar
masketti = spaghetti
car-trucks = Semis that have trailers carrying a bunch of cars. Andrew is obsessed with car-trucks. Every (and I mean every) time we travel in the car Andrew looks for car-trucks. He used to be satisfied with a simple semi.
this/that be work = this is the one I want. When Andrew wants something...say he's picking out a shirt, he'll say, "this'll be work" Sometimes it's, "No! That be work!"
cumummers = cucumbers
the green = the kitchen floor
the white = the carpeted floors in our house
paper rag = paper towel
car-trucks = Semis that have trailers carrying a bunch of cars. Andrew is obsessed with car-trucks. Every (and I mean every) time we travel in the car Andrew looks for car-trucks. He used to be satisfied with a simple semi.
this/that be work = this is the one I want. When Andrew wants something...say he's picking out a shirt, he'll say, "this'll be work" Sometimes it's, "No! That be work!"
cumummers = cucumbers
the green = the kitchen floor
the white = the carpeted floors in our house
paper rag = paper towel
the Jack Book = Andrew's Toy Story book
*
telephone ducks = this baby toy
I unearthed this toy back before Austin was born when I was searching for other baby items. Actually, if memory serves me right Andrew insisted that I let him play with it. He right away started calling it the telephone ducks. It's a baby toy that's supposed to help "promote crawling". Once again, I have no idea why he calls this the telephone ducks, nor do I know where he got the word telephone because it's always the phone or the cell phone to me. Oh, well. Anyway...meet the telephone ducks. He also used to take this toy to bed with him.
I'm sure there are more Andrew-isms I'm leaving out.
Other stuff:
**Andrew got a hold of my flat iron the other day and after trying to clamp his nose with it, he began to clap it up towards his head. I thought he was trying to imitate what he has seen me do, but he told me that he was getting the bugs out of his hair.
**Andrew gets my attention now by saying, "Heather, I have a question!"
**When Andrew gets excited about something he yells, "Yippee!" It took me awhile to figure out that he heard this word from a Super Why episode.
**Andrew constantly corrects Loren and I by telling us to do things that we have told him to do. "only do it softly!" (shut the door softly), "be nice to my toys!" (maybe we toss them into baskets a little too roughly sometimes). Loren tossed his keys into the car today and from the backseat was, "Daddy, be nice to the keys!" It's good to know he listens, but geesh!
**Andrew was very proud of this accomplishment (in the picture)..."Look, Mommy! Look what I did!" I was a little nervous that he was showing me the Star Trek symbol, but I later learned that it wasn't (phew!)
**I found these little animals at Michael's, of all places. The tube contained a giraffe, zebra, hippo, rhino, leopard, tiger, polar bear, panda bear, monkey, gorilla, elephant and alligator. They were too cute to pass up, even though I went on a mission to Michael's with the sole purpose of finding a couple of picture frames. Andrew, who is getting more and more into pretend play, decided to ride the giraffe just like he does on the carousel at the Children's Museum (he even made Loren "ride"a rhinocerous). He was very serious about it.
**When Andrew spots an ant he immediately drops to his knees and follows it around.
**Andrew was put in timeout recently and took his little polar bear (from above) with him. Andrew kept scooting away from the timeout spot and said that it was the polar bear's timeout spot. When Loren told him to get back in timeout Andrew said, "No. I share my timeout!"
**Andrew is usually the first one at the dinner table, before any food is brought out. I found that it is a good way to get him out of my hair when I'm trying to get dinner together. I have him go sit quietly in the dining room on his booster. When we all finally make it to the table Andrew says, "Thanks for waiting, Mommy/Daddy."
**Andrew runs to the kitchen table in the morning yelling, "Breaaakfaaast tiiiime!" just like Sid on Sid the Science Kid.
**He's tall enough to reach the basement light now without putting a stool on the first step.
**He still quite often says, "your welcome" in place of "thank you." We think this is because Andrew felt like he was being corrected when one of us says your welcome after he says thank you. I can see how that might be confusing.
This (I think) concludes my random post about random things that Andrew says and does. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment