We walked out of the school after Austin's speech session this morning. I opened the front passenger door, Austin climbed in and crawled to the back, and started buckling himself into his carseat. I put some things down in the front passenger seat, turned to grab Ashley's door and Agh!! What IS that?!
Oh, it's just a katydid. I love katydids. I think they are so pretty and it helps that they seem to be pretty chill insects. I told Austin to get out and look at it. He was pretty hesitant and didn't quite share my enthusiasm, but he humored me a little.
Our new friend managed to stay put on the door handle when I opened and closed it. I asked Austin, "Do you think he (we decided he was a boy katydid) will stay on there all the way home?" Well, he did. The drive was short and just down the street. I could see him hanging on through the side mirror. I thought we were going to lose him a couple if times, but he hung on for his dear little life.
We decided to bring him inside and give him a new (most likely temporary) home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment