Friday, September 28, 2012

"Mommy, I. need. wipe."

I was about to throw away one of those heavy duty plastic zipper bags that once held a new pillow sham from Bed Bath & Beyond when (lightbulb!) I realized it could be used for other things.  

"Austin, would you like to take this to the basement and fill it up with toys?  Maybe some cars?"

"Oh, yes!"

Austin races to the basement and comes back within about a minute with a full bag of cars.

"Mom, I want to paint my cars."

"Uhh...I guess that would be okay."

*note:  to Andrew painting cars (when he was into that) meant painting with cars and he would drive the cars through a pool of paint making paint tracks from the wheels onto the paper.*

But, this isn't Andrew.  This is Austin.  When Austin says paint my cars, he means paint my cars.

Right.

Well, Ashley was napping. Austin was content, quiet, and busy.  Occasionally he would show me the car he had just painted.  I was getting some work done.  It was so quiet I had to turn the radio on for a little noise.

I made one trip upstairs to put some clean clothes away.  
I came down and then made a 2nd trip upstairs.  While up there I heard Austin call for me a few times.  I was trying not to respond (because I would have to holler) for fear of waking up Ashley.  As I entered the kitchen I heard Austin say, "Mommy, I need wipe."  His back was to me.  He turned around.  

"Mommy I. need. wipe."

Uhhh...
The more I laughed the more he got mad at me.
Right.  Of course.  Right away...(after I take this picture.)  





No comments: