Andrew wanted a Nascar/race car themed party, so that is what he got. He invited 6 friends, and the party was filled with coloring a race car, build your own race car with stickers, pin the tire on the race car, roll the inflatable tire races (we ended up having just one team with no clear winner), toss the bean bag into the inflatable tire, red light/green light, and it wouldn't have been complete without a race track cake...and of course ice cream. It was a fun time!
(Nov. 12th)
I had no part in making this cake. Sometimes it's good to know people. :)
Nov. 15th...Andrew is officially 5!!
His actual birthday was pretty low-key, but still special. Andrew went to preschool (it was brown day!). I delivered cupcakes to Andrew's class during snack time. I really enjoyed seeing him in his classroom. Now I can totally picture him there! I arrived a few minutes early and Andrew's face turned bright red when he saw me in the hallway during their restroom break. Very cute.
After preschool we had lunch at home and then my mom came and spent the afternoon with us. She stayed for dinner and we ordered pizza from Hot Box (Grandma Margie's treat - or if your Austin...Ma-Margie). Andrew's choice was pepperoni. I must say...it was really good!
Once he finally admitted he was 5 (he argued with me a couple of times during the day about still being 4) Andrew said to me, "Mommy, 5 year olds listen to their Mommies and Daddies." I kid you not! However, it was followed up shortly after with "5 year olds know everything."
Just before bedtime Andrew received phone calls from Grammie and then Gpaw & Grandma Cyn.
The new 5 year old woke up this morning with a smile on his face and a good attitude. He listened well, did what he was supposed to without complaint, and got mad at me when i started picking up toys from the night before. "Mommy! You're supposed to ask ME to clean up the toys. Mommy, every time when it's SO messy ask ME to clean up the toys!"
Seriously?!?! What was in that pepperoni pizza??
a blast from the past (one of my favorites)...
Andrew at 14 1/2 months
After preschool we had lunch at home and then my mom came and spent the afternoon with us. She stayed for dinner and we ordered pizza from Hot Box (Grandma Margie's treat - or if your Austin...Ma-Margie). Andrew's choice was pepperoni. I must say...it was really good!
Once he finally admitted he was 5 (he argued with me a couple of times during the day about still being 4) Andrew said to me, "Mommy, 5 year olds listen to their Mommies and Daddies." I kid you not! However, it was followed up shortly after with "5 year olds know everything."
Just before bedtime Andrew received phone calls from Grammie and then Gpaw & Grandma Cyn.
The new 5 year old woke up this morning with a smile on his face and a good attitude. He listened well, did what he was supposed to without complaint, and got mad at me when i started picking up toys from the night before. "Mommy! You're supposed to ask ME to clean up the toys. Mommy, every time when it's SO messy ask ME to clean up the toys!"
Seriously?!?! What was in that pepperoni pizza??
a blast from the past (one of my favorites)...
Andrew at 14 1/2 months



No comments:
Post a Comment