Thursday, September 22, 2011

6 Months Old

Well, Ashley Grace turned 6 months old yesterday.  So hard to believe!  She's an itty-bitty thing weighing 13 pounds, 8 ounces (7th percentile) and 24.7 inches long (10th percentile).  Everyone says she looks so happy and healthy...and she is!  That's the important thing.

She is SO strong.  She puts herself through rigorous workouts everyday as she rolls, wiggles, does push-up and lunges (gets herself on her hands and knees and then literally lunges forward to get closer to a toy) around the living room.  She isn't crawling (although, she's seriously thinking about it), but she gets where she wants to go.  The boys were all flustered and aggravated the other day when Ashley started reaching and grabbing for their cars.  "Stop it, Ashley!"  "Mooom, Ashley is having bad behavior!" Ha, ha...just wait until she is crawling and moving much, much quicker.

She sits up really well and for long periods of time, but I like to put the Boppy around her since she still falls back or to the side quite a bit.  She loves sitting on the ground rummaging through a basket of toys.  This can keep her busy for a long time, or at least until she loses her balance and awkwardly lands on a toy.

I'm still nursing her and probably will be for awhile since Ashley really doesn't like or appreciate the bottle.  I started introducing the cup to her and she gets really excited when she sees it, but it's more of a toy to her than anything else at this point.  She is starting to eat solid foods.  She loves oatmeal!  Yesterday I discovered she loves sweet potatoes and today, after gagging at them a couple of weeks ago, Ashley decided she likes apples.  I have also offered her bananas and pears, but she didn't take to those too well.  I'm sure she will eventually like them like she now does the apples

Two nights ago Ashley flipped herself out of the side of her Bumbo (yikes!), something the boys never did or really even tried to do.  She has been trying for awhile now, arching her back so much that her bottom almost comes out over the top of the leg divider thing that also keeps babies from falling forward out of them (sorry, that's a poor description, but those familiar with Bumbos will know what I am talking about).  I happened to catch her as she was slow-motion falling head first towards the kitchen floor.  Wait!!  That sounds horrible.  The Bumbo was sitting on the kitchen floor (not the counter top) and it was a very short fall and, like I said, it was in slooow motion.  All's well that ends well.  I caught her.  My point is that she is a squirmy, active, motivated little thing that is already keeping me on my toes.  I am still holding out hope that Miss Ashley doesn't turn into the climber that Austin was and STILL is.

She wakes up 3-4 times at night still, and I feed her because well, it's easy and she's small so I think she needs it.  The doctor thinks I can be little more strict, but at 1:30 or 4:30 in the morning all I want to do is feed her quickly so I can go back to sleep.

That's about it for now!

Ashley wiggled and scooted around until she found herself under the couch yesterday.  She seemed to like it there and hung out for awhile.  
(Love that smile!)

No comments: