Friday, January 1, 2010

So Many Excuses

It took Andrew 2 hours (and many trips up the stairs for me) to fall asleep tonight.


Andrew coming out of his room the first time…


Me: Andrew, you need to go to bed.


Andrew: But, it’s light in my room (Andrew’s doing, not mine), and it’s light downstairs. I need to go downstairs.  Somehow Andrew equated light with daylight.


Andrew coming out of his room the 2nd time…


Me (Walking Andrew back to his bed): Andrew, you need to go to bed. (Same old story from me, I know.)


Andrew: I’m very upset about going to bed. (As he climbed into bed)
You need to sleep right here (rubbing a part of his pillow).  See?  It's nice and warm. 
(This was where I started laughing, which didn't help the cause, because I couldn't believe his persuasion skills.)


Andrew coming out of his room the 3rd time…


Andrew (sitting in the hallway, peeking through the banister overlooking the foyer):  I need to take a break downstairs.


Me: Andrew, you don’t need to take a break downstairs. You need to go to bed and go to sleep.


A: But, there are no corners in my bed.  I need to take a break downstairs.  See.. (pointing downstairs), there are corners downstairs.  I need to take a break downstairs.


Andrew came out of his room more than 3 times (I lost count), but you get the idea of how my night was.  2 hours after being taken to bed the first time, it was finally silent. 

No comments: