Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Potty Trained!

One week after we began, things really started to click.  It hasn't been completely issue free, and there were a couple of days where I thought Oh, dear...what is going on?, but potty training has gone SO much better than I ever imagined it would.  I never wanted to push it with Andrew, but I was really starting to wonder if he would ever, ever have an interest in it.  It's so bizarre how one day Andrew decided it was THE day.  And here we are!  Andrew has stayed dry at preschool the past 2 days (Tuesday and last Thursday), he has stayed dry while running errands ever since this process began, he went to the potty at McCalister's Deli last Saturday, we spent all day at a friend's house on Monday and Andrew stayed dry and used their potty all day (it certainly helped that every time Andrew used the potty, 4 1/2 year old Mason gave Andrew a handful of skittles!)  I have been using pull-ups most of the time.  Most days they weren't really necessary, but it made me feel better and it was easy to ask Andrew if his flags or cars were still there.  I love that the pictures fade when the pull-up is wet.  Pretty genius!  Andrew wore underwear all day today and stayed dry.  We said goodbye to the little potty yesterday and now Andrew reprimands me every time I take his Cars potty seat off when I use the bathroom and forget to put it back on.  "I told you to stop doing that!"

After 3 years and 1 month of changing his diaper, I am very proud and thankful that this day has come.  I will still be a little nervous for awhile, and I'm kind of holding my breath right now, but I'm feeling pretty good about his success.

Congratulations, Andrew!!!

Wish us luck with all of the traveling we will be doing over the holidays!

1 comment:

Jess Schriner said...

WOOOOOHOOOO ANDREWWWWW!!!!!
HIP HIP HOOOOORAYYYY!! I'm very proud of him!! and you two as well! Here's to a successful dry-travel season :) xoxxo to you all!