Today is the day that I decided to convert Andrew's crib into a toddler bed. I actually tried about 2 1/2 weeks ago, but I couldn't find the correct hardware, so I just took it as a sign that it wasn't the right time. But, over the weekend I found the bolts to be used to convert the crib to a toddler bed and when I found myself bored this morning, I decided today was the day Andrew would start sleeping in a toddler bed.
It's 1:30. Andrew's went down for his nap at 12:30...and he still isn't asleep. He isn't crying and screaming and throwing a fit because his bed looks different. He is enjoying his new freedom to leave his room and wander the hall, read books, play with his stuffed animals, anything but take a nap.
Okay, as I was typing this I heard a lot of commotion in the hallway. Andrew was crawling around (so I wouldn't notice?) and in my stern voice I tried to tell him to get back to bed. It was so hard not to smile, though. I'm not used to my Andrew wandering around the hallway when he's supposed to be napping. I thought he seemed like a big boy when I dropped him off at his first day of preschool, but now that he isn't confined to his crib, he definitely seems like a big boy now. I had to close the door this time. It is now 1:40. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment