Andrew loves Sesame Street. When it's time to watch it he prepares by getting a pillow off of the couch and plopping down onto it in the ready position. I swear half the time he sits on the pillow with his back to the tv and turns his head around. Don't ask me. I have no idea. Sometimes he figures out that it would be easier to turn around and other times I have to rotate the pillow (with Andrew still on top) so he can see the tv without getting a neck cramp. Anyway, back to my point. Andrew loves Sesame Street, and quite frankly SO DO I. It makes him happy, it's educational, it's fun, it allows me to get some things done around the house without Andrew at my heels...it makes me happy. This morning Andrew was watching Telly Helps Gordon Play Golf. All was well, until Elmo's World at the end of the show. Andrew loves Elmo! I was minding my own business, paying bills, oblivious to what was on the TV. It's not like I have to closely monitor Sesame Street. All of a sudden Andrew jumps up off of his pillow and runs into the kitchen crying. He looks back, turns the corner towards the bathroom, and continues to run away still crying. All I could think was, "What?"
This is what he saw, (and yes...I later pulled out my camera and recorded the tv with it.)
I can see how it might be scary to an unassuming kid who very simply loves Elmo.

No comments:
Post a Comment