Sunday, January 29, 2012
Kindergarten?!
Last Thursday, Loren and I went to the school for a Kindergarten info session. Kindergarten?! Kindergarten?!?! Yes, Kindergarten. Andrew will be going to Kindergarten next year. Next August. His summer will be nearly a month shorter this year since preschool starts after Labor Day. Regular school starts mid-August. CrAzy. On one hand I can't believe our first baby is growing up so fast, but really... he is attending his fourth year of preschool. He wants to call preschool Kindergarten. He likes to play school and started calling me Mrs. Garrison (on occasion and mostly when he is school mode). He dreams of riding the bus. Every bus we drive by is his bus. A year ago I envisioned driving him to school every day for Kindergarten. He told me NO. He wants to ride the bus. I asked him one day when we were talking about Kindergarten, "What if Mommy wants to drive you to school?" He said I could...but only 4 days. Really. Our first born child is Mr. Independent. It's okay. I imagine I will be a complete wreck on his first day of Kindergarten (ugh...I can't even think about it without tearing up!), but I have warmed up to the idea of him riding the bus. It picks up and drops off right in front of our house. He will only be on the bus for maybe 10 minutes or so. All of the Kindergartners sit up front. He. will. be. okay. I have to keep telling myself that. Aside from the whole bus thing, I am actually very excited for him to start Kindergarten! The school is awesome. He is going to love, love, LOVE it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
He'll love Kindergarten! You are lucky to have a bus stop in front of your house, too. Andrew looks so sweet in his glasses! We need to do a playdate soon.
Post a Comment