Friday, July 2, 2010

Oh, the Twilight Saga

I have been a reader most of my life.  I always read books when I was young(er).  I can't say I did very much leisure reading when I was in college, but when I was pregnant with Andrew I read book after book after book, mostly because I couldn't sleep.  And, rather embarrassingly, I hadn't read a book since.  Andrew is 3 1/2.  I found myself in the middle of Costco, in the mood to read a book, and saw they had the first 3 books in the Twilight series.  I decided if I was going to start reading something, it didn't hurt that it was the most popular thing out there and probably an easy read.  

Well, I bought it and got hooked.  While the rest of the world is watching the movie version of the 3rd book, Eclipse, I am reading the first book.  I will read the other 3 books and probably (maybe) watch all of the movies.  I'm sure I can borrow them from somebody.  

It's pure Fiction, but I am enjoying it and, if nothing else, it has reminded me how much I love to read.  

1 comment:

Jess Schriner said...

GREAT books!!!! Definitely read them before seeing the movies, obviously :) I wasn't a big fan of the first movie, but the second was better....haven't seen the 3rd. LOVE the books but not one to need to be the first to see the movies...I wait for them to come out and watch them at home LOL. Glad to see you are reading again - oh those days where we would spend all of a summer day reading :) ...baby sitters club flashbacks!! hhahha! Enjoy the series :)