Thursday, June 10, 2010

Swim Lessons

Andrew has come a long way since last Summer when he wouldn't let go of either Loren or myself in the pool.  Even with water wings, he clinched tightly to whoever was holding him and was very content watching everyone else splash around and have a good time.  I was fine with that.  I felt pretty comfortable myself knowing that he wouldn't run and jump in the pool.  Sometime last Fall/Winter he and Loren went to a parent participation swim class, which was intended to help Andrew's issues with the water and pool, and I think it did.  I signed him up for his first non-parent class a couple of months ago and it started yesterday.  So far, so good!  Before the swim lessons started, I managed to take him to the neighborhood pool a few times, and also to a pool playdate.  At the playdate, Andrew was hesitant, but eventually brave enough to jump into the pool from the side - several times.  I started off catching him and then began to pretend to catch him.  Andrew had his water wings on, but he went under water a bit and didn't seem to care.  

Swim lessons started this past Monday and he did a fabulous job.


As always, I am so proud!!!!

No comments: