Sunday, November 8, 2009

Football in the Dark


There is a new tradition in our house, which started about a week ago.  After dinner Loren and Andrew go outside to play "football in the dark."  It's called football in the dark, but it's really a combination of football, soccer, running and tackling, dancing, looking for dinosaurs, laying in the grass & looking at the stars, and playing on the slide. 

Andrew loves it.

And it wears Andrew out before bedtime.

I'm not sure how football in the dark is going to be transformed when it gets cold again in the evenings.  Football in the basement?  Laying on the thin, hard carpet looking at the fluorescent ceiling lights?  It just won't be the same.

2 comments:

ReaganF said...

What a fantastic idea!!! I think we need to do this with Riley too! I'm going to suggest it tonight!

Jess Schriner said...

Get the glow in the dark stars for the basement ceiling :)