Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Andrew's flyers

We went on a walk to the park on Monday and after playing for awhile, we decided to take the long way home. This meant Andrew decided to run/walk instead of ride in the double stroller. It was a long walk home. He ran for awhile and then took a break by plopping down in some shade. He did a lot of running at the park and it was getting hot and humid, so I didn't blame him for needing a break. We spent the rest of the walk picking "flyers". The only thing we found were dandelions and another kind of flower/weed/whatever they are. I remember picking them as a kid and tying the stems together to make necklaces and bracelets. What are they called? Anyway, Andrew was excited about his flyers and had a handful of them along with 2 sticks. He clenched them in his fist all the way home and when we got home he wanted to water his flyers with his "watering canning". I thought placing them in a cup of water was a better idea. But, NO! Andrew marched his flyers out into the backyard and walked to a flower bed and asked me for help. I decided this was one of those precious moments that was well worth going along for the ride and planted Andrew's flyers in some mulch. Andrew then very proudly watered them with with his watering canning.


2 comments:

nikkiengel said...

Super cute! The other flyers are clover. I used to sit in the outfield and make clover chains while playing softball.

Heather said...

clover! thanks, nikki.