The other news...
*He's holding his head up really well. He still occasionally knocks it against my chin or collar bone, but his doctor was pleased with his overall strength.
*The doctor said (after shining a light in his eyes) that he is very neurologically advanced for his age. I'm not sure what you did, Austin, but good job!
*I was told I could stop giving him the morning dose of his reflux medicine to see if he does okay. I tested him for a few days to see how he would do with just one dose/day and tonight will be the first night that I go without any medicine at all.
*Austin received his first round of shots and although he cried, he handled it pretty well. He was asleep by the time we reached the checkout counter. However, when the first dose of Tylenol wore off...Whoa, buddy! He was MAD and it took awhile, probably a good hour, before he started feeling comfortable again. I felt so sorry for him. He would fall asleep in my arms and if I moved even a millimeter he would scream out in pain. Poor guy. He wasn't in any pain overnight, though.
*5 out of the last 7 nights Austin has only gotten up once around 2:00 or 3:00, and then has been up for the day around 5:30/6:00. His last feeding is usually between 6:45 and 7:00ish and I get him to bed as soon as I can (depending on when I can feed him) which is anywhere between 7:00 and 7:45. We're getting there.
*He naps a lot in the Bjorn (a baby carrier). He has a hard time napping for long periods in his crib, bouncer, or anywhere really except in the Bjorn. It keeps me from making 614 trips upstairs and I can get so much done with 2 hands free. I don't know how much longer my back and shoulders will be able to handle it, but for now it's a lifesaver.
.
*I think that covers it. I can't think of anything else to report.
.

No comments:
Post a Comment