*
If I ask him if he wants something or wants to do something and he doesn't want it...he responds, "No, I not" very matter-of-factly.
*
Timeouts have become a fun game. For Andrew, not me.
*
Doesn't like to be messy. If food, paint, etc. gets on his fingers, he politely says "towel, please." He will hold out his hand and ask for a towel until I get it.
*
When his bowl of yogurt gets down to where the sides of the bowl need to be scraped, he will ask for help. As soon as I take the spoon, his mouth flies open (wide open) until the spoon enters his mouth.
When his bowl of yogurt gets down to where the sides of the bowl need to be scraped, he will ask for help. As soon as I take the spoon, his mouth flies open (wide open) until the spoon enters his mouth.
Opens and closes doors over and over again and says, "Hewoa!" and "Bye! Day! 'kay?" (as in Bye! Have a good day! Okay?")
*He says "Yo baby, Yo baby" for some strange reason.
*When the dryer buzzes, he shouts..."Dryer!"
*Loves trains even though he doesn't have any. Hoo-hoo train changed to Choo-choo train in the matter of seconds. I was actually sad when I heard Andrew correct himself.
*
Loves the movie March of the Penguins. It's a documentary.
*
His favorite toy (other than cars) is the ball popper. (Oh, the ball popper...I've never seen a kid so obsessed with a toy.) "Poppa? Poppa?"
*
He hates blankets being put on him at night. I have to sneak in and put a couple on him before I go to bed. Sometimes if Andrew stirs and wakes up enough to know what's going on he'll scowl at me and say, No! I have to let him be, but if I wake up in the middle of the night to go to the restroom and think about it, I'll sneak in his room and try again. I'm usually successful.
He hates blankets being put on him at night. I have to sneak in and put a couple on him before I go to bed. Sometimes if Andrew stirs and wakes up enough to know what's going on he'll scowl at me and say, No! I have to let him be, but if I wake up in the middle of the night to go to the restroom and think about it, I'll sneak in his room and try again. I'm usually successful.
*
He often says your welcome in place of thank you.
*
If he gets frustrated about not getting his way Andrew either whines, cries or puts his fingers in his mouth and spits.
*
Hates water being poured over his head.
Hates water being poured over his head.
*
Refuses to sit down in the bathtub.
Refuses to sit down in the bathtub.
*
Knows all of his letters by sight.
Knows all of his letters by sight.
*
Can sometimes count to 12, but in stages. Like 1-5 and then 8-12. Anything above 12 is
Can sometimes count to 12, but in stages. Like 1-5 and then 8-12. Anything above 12 is
"ah-teen, ah-teen..."
*
If he does something he's proud of, he shouts, "I did it!!"
If he does something he's proud of, he shouts, "I did it!!"
*
Takes a basket of cars to bed with him. I always take it out of his bed when I do my last check on him. In the morning (pretty much every morning) when he's talking in his bed after waking up, I hear him saying, "Uh-oh! Cars. Fall!"
Takes a basket of cars to bed with him. I always take it out of his bed when I do my last check on him. In the morning (pretty much every morning) when he's talking in his bed after waking up, I hear him saying, "Uh-oh! Cars. Fall!"
*
His word for basket is backets.
*
One of his favorite shows, Super Why, used to be called "Why Why". Now, it's "Suter Why."
*
Me: What does a duck say, Andrew?
Andrew: Cack! Cack! Cack!
Me: What does a pig say?
Andrew: O-oink, O-oink
Me: What does a frog say?
Andrew: Riddit, riddit...riddit, riddit
*
When I drop Andrew off for preschool, he walks away with his teacher and looks back at me, waves, and says "Bye, Mommy!"
*
Occasionally calls me Mom. Mom...mom....mom. He'll do this until I respond. He sounds so old when he calls me Mom.
*
If food or something else falls onto the ground, he'll say "Uh-oh mess!" He sometimes drops or spills something on purpose just to say that.
*
If Andrew wants to watch tv he says, TD mote (TV remote).
*
Doesn't always know the difference between off and on.
*
When he isn't calling me Mommy, Mom or Loren Daddy, he calls us Sweetie.
*
Andrew says good-night to the baby at night by lifting up my shirt and poking my belly, and he says, "poke" while he pokes my belly.
*
I try to teach Andrew to blow his nose when it's running by holding a kleenex up to his nose. I tell him to blow. Instead of blowing his nose, he says, "blow...blow."
*
His favorite song is If Your Happy & You Know it Clap Your Hands.
**************************************************************************************
There's so much that makes Andrew, Andrew. This was a little glimpse into this 2-year old's world. He's a happy, smart, loving little boy who can get frustrated and frustrates me sometimes, but I wouldn't trade him for anything!
(I'm publishing this post knowing that I'm probably leaving something out. I may add to it in the next couple of days. Like I said, It's a glimpse.)

1 comment:
Oh my gosh, he's too sweet. What an adorable little guy.
Post a Comment