Andrew had his 2-year Doctor's appointment this morning. Since he hadn't been to the doctor in six months, I was anxious to see how he was doing and how much he had grown.
Holy Cow!
I'll get to the stats in a minute, but Andrew flipped out when it was time to get on the scale. He had no problem walking down the hallway in his diaper, but he wouldn't step on the scale for anything. Not even with a toy or a sticker. Nothing. He wouldn't sit in the smaller seat-scale (meant for babies) either. The solution? Mom, why don't you stand on the scale with Andrew and then get off, put Andrew down, we'll weigh you, and then subtract the difference. Seriously? Do you really think my pregnant self wants to get on the scale at the pediatrician's office? Not. even. a. little. bit. But, I swallowed my pride and did it anyway, knowing full well that it was the only way to get Andrew weighed. So we stood on the scale together, along with two trucks that Andrew refused to put down. And then I had to get on the scale all by myself. I swear that scale was 5 pounds off, too! Anyway, this isn't about me.
Weight: 29.4 pounds (7oth percentile)
Keep in mind the ordeal we went through to get any number, plus there were 2 trucks on the scale with us. His Dr. said he's probably anywhere from the 50th-7oth percentile.
Height: 36 inches (85th percenile)
Andrew was in the middle of a fit when he had to lay down on the table, so I'm not even sure his height is entirely accurate. But, I'll take it. My baby is 3 feet tall!
Head: 48.5 centimeters (50th percentile) - whatever that means
******************************************
For reference, at 18 months...
Weight: 24 1/4 pounds (30th percentile)
Height: 32.75 inches (70th percentile)
Head: 48 centimeters (60th percentile) - again, whatever that means
Before we left the Doctor's office Andrew threw several more fits...when his ears were checked, when his mouth/throat were checked, when flu mist was shot up his nose, when he got a shot (that he was supposed to get 1 or 2 appointments ago), when we started to leave and he saw the scale again and went running back to the room. I lost count. When the nurse or doctor wasn't trying to touch him or have him do something he didn't want to do, Andrew had a grand ol' time at the Doctor's office. He made himself comfortable at a little table with Noah's Arc (or something like that) and ate goldfish crackers and was happy as can be.
I can't wait to do it again!
I was lucky enough to get my flu shot while we were there, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment